COVID-19 UPDATE – June 1, 2020
In order to continue to prioritize the health and safety of our community, Sheena’s Place will be offering online videoconferencing group support for the summer 2020 season. Registration for the summer season begins at 10am on Monday June 15th, 2020. Please visit see our Summer 2020 Program Calendar to learn more about our upcoming programs!
The following organizations are also providing virtual eating disorder support:
- NEDIC (information & referrals)
- Body Brave (free treatment)
- The Eating Disorders Foundation (free professionally facilitated group support)
- Eating Disorders Nova Scotia (free peer support)
- Looking Glass BC (free peer support)
- Trans Folx Fighting Eating Disorders (resource network, including free peer support)
- Nalgona Positivity Pride (free peer support for BIPOC)
- Hopewell (low cost group support)
- Eating Disorder Support Network of Alberta (low cost group support options)
- Silver Linings Foundation (group support)
- Danielle’s Place (free youth programs & group support for caregivers)
If you are in distress or need emotional support, the Toronto Distress Centre has a support line at 416-408-4357, and a chat service that can be accessed by texting 45645.
We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Please be in touch if you have any questions.
At Sheena’s Place, we offer hope and support to anyone 17+ affected by an eating disorder, as well as their families and friends, by providing a wide range of professionally facilitated support groups and services, completely free of charge. We are committed to inspiring hope, reducing stigma, raising awareness and offering meaningful help and information at all stages of recovery.
You do not need a referral to join our groups. And we will always respect your need and desire for confidentiality.
Located in downtown Toronto, Sheena’s Place is a non-institutional, non-residential centre where people with similar issues and concerns come together in groups to share experiences, thoughts and feelings and to learn coping strategies. We offer groups for diverse individuals across the life span facing different mental health and disordered-eating challenges, as well as groups for families, friends and partners of those with eating disorders. If you are just getting started and would like help choosing the best support groups to suit your needs, please give us a call or consider booking an introductory information session.
Although we are a registered charity, we do not receive funding from the government and we are not a United Way member agency. We rely solely on the generosity of individuals, foundations and corporations to keep our doors open and our programs free to our members. Please consider making a donation to support Sheena’s Place.