Location & Physical Accessibility
- Sheena’s Place is located next to the Kendall Ave. exit of Spadina subway station (University line). Please note that this subway exit does not have an escalator or elevator. Spadina station’s Bloor St. exit has an escalator and elevator – this is about a 5-minute walk from Sheena’s Place.
- Entering Sheena’s Place requires climbing 6 steps, with a hand railing. Unfortunately, Sheena’s Place is not wheelchair accessible at this time.
- Groups at Sheena’s Place occur on the first, second, and third floors. If you face challenges climbing stairs, please let us know and we will do our best to schedule your groups on the first floor.
- A washroom is located on the first floor.
- If you are unable to access Sheena’s Place in person, consider registering for our online groups.
Sheena’s Place group participants are eligible to book free ASL interpretation services for in-person and online programs. If you require ASL interpretation, please send an email to Canadian Hearing Services (email@example.com) and provide them with the following information: group details, registration information, and our Program Manager’s contact information (staff contact information can be found here).
Captioning for online services
If you require captioning for online group sessions, please contact our Program Manager (staff contact information can be found here). We rely on volunteers to provide live captioning, so advanced notice is ideal in order for us to schedule a volunteer.
Sheena’s Place will provide a private space for prayer to group participants who require the use of this space during group session hours. Please notify staff in advance in order to ensure that the space can be made available.
Unfortunately, childcare is not available at Sheena’s Place. If this is a barrier for your participation in in-person groups, consider registering for our online groups.
Gender-neutral, single person washrooms are located on the first, second, and third floors.
In line with The Integrated Accessibility Standards regulations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”), service animals are welcome at Sheena’s Place. Click here to view our Service Animal Policy.
Sheena’s Place is scent-sensitive. We ask that all group members, staff, and volunteers refrain from using scented products before coming to Sheena’s Place or while at Sheena’s Place.
For more information about accessibility accommodations at Sheena’s Place, please contact our Program Manager (staff contact information can be found here).