At Sheena’s Place, we offer hope and support to anyone 17+ affected by an eating disorder, as well as their families and friends, by providing a wide range of professionally facilitated support groups and services, free of charge. We are committed to inspiring hope, reducing stigma, raising awareness and offering meaningful help and information at all stages of recovery. Located in downtown Toronto, Sheena’s Place is a non- institutional, non-residential centre where people with similar issues and concerns come together in groups to share experiences, thoughts and feelings and to learn coping strategies. We offer groups for diverse individuals across the life span facing different mental health and disordered-eating challenges, as well as groups for families, friends and partners of those with eating disorders.
Position Title: Registrar/Program Administrator
Location: 87 Spadina Rd. Toronto ON, M5R 2T1
Employment Type: Full time (regular evening hours required)
Application Deadline: August 21, 2020 Start Date: Immediately
Sheena’s Place supports folks with eating disorders, and their families and friends. We do this by providing free groups-based services as a welcoming, non-institutional, non-residential community-based mental health charity. We’re centrally located in downtown Toronto, very close to public transportation. Due to COVID-19 we are currently delivering online services, with a transition to both online and in-person services planned for fall 2020.
In this role you will:
- be an integral member of the program team
- oversee and manage program registration processes
- be the first point of contact and provide front-line service for participants by phone, email, and in person
- assist facilitators with supporting participants as necessary (e.g. support with engaging participants in distress tolerance)
- provide administrative support for program related activities
- recruit, train, and supervise front desk reception volunteers on tasks that include administrative duties, providing information to participants
- develop a thorough understanding of data collection and management, maintaining complete and accurate accounts for all program participants
- summarize group participant data and volunteer data, for reporting and grant proposals
- assist with coordination and organization of in-house events (e.g. open house, art show, facilitator meetings, etc.)
- may participate in occasional health and education fairs to provide information and education on the services provided at Sheena’s Place
- develop sound knowledge of other relevant community resources related to the wide-ranging needs of our participant community
- responsible for closing down the house, clearing all rooms and setting the alarm in preparation for the next day
- report to the Executive Director
We’re looking for someone who:
- has educational and/or work experience in a support role (social work, child & youth work, etc.)
- has experience in an administrative role (experience with a client information and registration database is a preferred asset)
- is extremely well organized and detail-oriented
- has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- has excellent interpersonal skills and a warm demeanor;
- is able to support participants who may be in distress in a calm non-judgmental manner
- is flexible, with demonstrated ability to excel as a team player and work independently
- is proficient with Microsoft Suite
- uses good judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential and/or sensitive information
- manages competing demands and personal stress well
- is committed to working with a variety of people in a multicultural, mental health setting
- has some knowledge of eating disorders and mental health
- is compassionate towards others, and passionate about providing high quality services
What’s in it for you?
- Full-time on-going employment; $41,600 annual salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- A warm supportive environment working along-side a talented caring team
- An opportunity to contribute to the work of a unique helping organization providing significant supports to an under-served population
Sheena’s Place is committed to having a team reflective of the diversity of the City of Toronto in general and of our participants in particular. We strongly encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity.
Sheena’s Place is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Sheena’s Place will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. During any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Julia (email@example.com) of the nature of any accommodation(s) you may require. Any information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
While there is no requirement to have had personal experience with an eating disorder, we recognize that many people become interested in Sheena’s Place as a result of lived experience. If this applies to you, we ask that you have been in symptom-free recovery and have not participated in Sheena’s Place programs for at least one full year before applying. , as well as one year after having been a client in one of our programs.
We thank all applicants who are interested in this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please send resume and cover letter in PDF, or MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 21, 2020.