Art Exhibit | Panel Discussion | Fundraising Auction

Opening Party & Panel Discussion - Thursday May 23, 2024

Opening Night MC: Michelle Mackey (she/her)
Panel Moderator: Asante Haughton (he/him)
Panel Speakers: Anita Federici (she/her), Kenzie Brenna (she/her), Patricia Hoi Ling Ki (she/her)

Fundraising Auction

28 artists came together to support Sheena’s Place by participating in our charity auction. More than 90 art pieces related to experiences of body image or disordered eating are available for you to view and bid. 70% of the proceeds will contribute to Sheena’s Place’s free eating disorder services, and the remaining 30% will be paid out to the artists. 

Some art pieces are still available for purchase on our online store. Check out the links below for details:

About the Art Exhibit

Sheena’s Place is excited to present To be Seen, a thought-provoking group exhibition & silent auction where art becomes the mirror reflecting our collective experience of living within a body. 

What you see—and how you feel—are the essence of this exhibition. On display are works created by different artists, working in various forms, yet with one common theme: art as the medium to explore and discuss body image. 

We aim to challenge our audience to think about the effects of diet culture. The pieces are intended to spark a reaction, be it resonance, joy, discomfort, sadness, or anger. We hope these feelings foster meaningful conversations that challenge social norms and lead to a celebration of the beauty of every unique form. 

Disclaimer: This exhibit features nudity and images that some may find disturbing. 

Trigger Warning: This exhibit will feature art that touches on experiences of eating disorders, other mental health disorders, suicide and death, sexual assault and violence against women. Please take care of yourself when reading artist statements and engaging with art pieces.

Event Details
Opening event: Thursday, May 23, 2024, 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Art show: May 23 – 31, 2024

The Combine (225 Wellington St W)
Admission: Free (donations encouraged)! A ticket is required for entry.


Learn more about our guest speakers here.

Learn more about the featured artists here.

Yes, The Combine is fully wheelchair accessible. There is a separate entrance at 35 John Street that leads directly into the venue. There is one wheelchair accessible washroom on the main floor. Please contact if you require any further assistance.

We will be auctioning off art on the night of the event. The art will be available for purchase online until May 31. If you would like to donate directly, we accept cash, cheques, e-transfer payment, and more. we will also have tablets and cashbox available on the opening party. 

The opening party auction will begin at 6 pm and end at 11:59 pm. Attendees can place bids on the art pieces by using the mobile app “Auctria” and scanning the QR codes. Winning bidders will receive the statement and payment instructions by email the next day. 

Yes! Please install the app “Auctria Mobile Bidding” on your phone. Once you’re in the app,  enter the event code “tobeseen”. You’ll need register for an account before placing a bid. Learn more here.

Yes! You can stop by The Combine from Monday-Friday 9am-5pm until May 31st . The art will also still be available for bid or purchase on Auctria until May 31st. Winning bidders will receive check out and pick up instructions in the following week.

There will be a variety of finger foods available catered by Eadery Foods. There will be non-alcoholic beer and wine courtesy of Hill Capitol. There will also be non-alcoholic mocktails courtesy of Seedlip Drinks.

This event is FREE, however, you must RSVP before 5pm on the day of the event as we will be taking names at the door.

Get in touch with Steven Bowa ( or 416-927-8900 x330).